Friday 2 October 2009

The Price of Fashion

On my way home from Italy I stocked up on Italian Fashion Magazines including Elle and Vanity Fair. What struck me was that not only were the magazines, most notably Elle, twice the size but also a fraction of the price. Italian Elle was a bargain at €3.00 for a whopping 754 pages, compared with 370 pages in the UK version, and Vanity Fair was an unbelievable €1.80 which is unheard of in the UK. Why is it that these magazines can be sold for this price on the continent and not in the UK? Here are some photos comparing this month's UK Elle, with cover-model Lily Allen, and Italian Elle for size.







3 comments:

  1. Probably more advertising. Are there more ads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-Shirt and Tails3 October 2009 at 16:06

    Proportionally there are the same number of ads as UK Elle so I'm not quite sure why there is such a large difference in size and price. Maybe I'll start a petition...Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,
    please check out the music video showcasing the s/s 2010 collection for my line graey: http://tinyurl.com/graeyss10
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete