Friday 13 November 2009

Border Crossing to Panama

Here I am in Panama! Apologies for the late post, I've frequently got frustrated with the speed of the internet and vowed to do it another day, and today is overcast so the perfect opportunity to spend my afternoon on the internet: blogging, emailing, and catching up with the news and hot gossip in the fashion world. Central America has been great so far, I arrived in Panama yesterday after one of the strangest border crossings I've ever had. I had to cross an old bridge which had several floorboards missing and gaps wide enough for you and your hiking rucksack to fall into, definitely no health and safety check there! I am now in Bocas del Toro which is a series of islands in the Caribbean Sea and is beautiful, there are so many islands to explore all with secluded tropical beaches. There is a great atmosphere here and I can imagine staying here for a number of days. After five weeks I am now seriously bored with all my clothes and would love to have an entire wardrobe change. I thought travelling light would be the sensible idea however I have to say I am missing heels, stacks of jewelery, and a proper rotation of clothes, maybe next time... I hope that when I reach Panama City there will be some good shopping as several items need replacing and updating. Other than that I am loving being in denim cut offs and a vest every day particularly when I get the English weather reports from friends and family. Haha

1 comment:

  1. I have been to Panama twice, Costa Rica 5 times. I love it there. You feel so free and healthy. I would love to retire in El Valle De Anton, Panama.

    ReplyDelete