Monday 7 December 2009

I Am Sailing...

So, the big news from me is that I've decided to extend my trip for another four months which is very exciting! I decided to go for it as there may not be another opportunity to travel for a while and more importantly I was getting very jealous by everyone else's travel plans about continuing to South America. However this does mean that I shall be away for Christmas and I will miss my mulled wine, turkey sandwiches and Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas' being played everywhere. Although I'm trying to get over it by spending my time lounging on the beach and swimming in the sea in the tropical climate...
I took a six day sailing trip from Panama City to Cartegena, Columbia, recently which was amazing (apart from the sea sickness on the last two days), you can see my sailing boat above. We sailed through the San Blas islands which were paradise and spent the days swimming, exploring and eating fresh fish and the evenings sampling the local rum round the camp fire which was bliss.

I have now managed to satisfy my clothing cravings with a shopping trip, and swapping session with fellow travellers, for more vests and dresses as I realised that travelling light wasn't all it was cracked up to be...

2 comments:

  1. I envy you so much, I would love the opportunity to go travelling, you definitely made the right choice to stay on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - looks fab and Mariah Carey is on hold!

    ReplyDelete