Friday 20 July 2012

Wilton's Music Hall




Wilton’s Music Hall has been near the top of my bucket list for over a year now, and last week I managed to venture down with friends to discover it for the first time. My first thoughts on arrival were: why hadn’t I been before?




We went to Wilton’s for a drink at the Mahogany Bar, which was completely welcoming and relaxing, even on a Friday night. The décor was shabby chic (bare brickwork and stripped wood), a little rough around the edges, and this certainly added to the charm. The drink prices were incredibly reasonable – anywhere where a G&T is £3.50 gets my vote.




Next time it would be great to see a production or concert. Monday nights are always free live music nights, and there are many fantastic concerts and productions being put on. For instance Gatz was hosted here recently and I wish that I had attended (however, the prospect of an eight-hour-marathon play for someone who can barely sit still through a two-hour production made me nervous). The main concert hall is undergoing restoration at the moment but is reopening at the end of the year. I can’t wait to see London’s oldest music hall in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment