Thursday 11 April 2013

Brunch - Workshop Coffee Co.

20130409-155235.jpg20130409-155223.jpg

 The Workshop Coffee Co. has long been on my must-visit list for brunch and recently I took the opportunity to visit with friends. We arrived at midday on Saturday and despite Clerkenwell being completely deserted on the weekend, it had a snaking queue out of the door.


After a 20 minute wait we were seated on a large communal table on the ground floor and were made to feel instantly welcome. The café is full of chunky wooden tables and is spacious and light, full of industrial exposed brick and low hanging lights. New York loft meets Scandi minimalism.


The whole of the brunch menu was extremely well executed and I could have eaten everything off the list. After receiving several recommendations for the baked organic eggs (roast peppers, chorizo, saffron, feta and tomato ragu) I opted for that, and I wasn’t disappointed.


The dish was absolutely delicious, truly the best that I’ve ever tasted; the ragu had been slow cooked and was rich and flavoursome, and the chorizo added a beautifully spiced depth of flavour. The coffee, which is roasted in-house, was one of the best I’ve had in London.


I can genuinely rate this as the best brunch I’ve eaten in London and am desperate for the opportunity to return and eat my way through the menu. I’ve recently just found out that there are extended opening hours in the evenings until 10pm and I’m looking forward to making the most of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment