Monday 24 June 2013

Review - Honest Burger, Brixton Village

20130621-173948.jpg

20130621-174005.jpg

20130621-174020.jpg

20130621-174056.jpg

20130625-123017.jpg

 The stakes are high. I’ve been waiting to visit Honest Burger in Brixton Village for approximately year now. Every time I visit the queues are huge so my hunger takes me elsewhere. This time I pre-planned and went at 6pm on a Saturday evening with my boyfriend and brother in tow (in the belief that they wouldn’t judge me for a slip in eating etiquette standards, after all only a knife is provided).


After pouring over tens of reviews in preparation for the big event, I was sold in to ordering a burger, topped with stilton and chargrilled bacon, and chips. It seemed foolish to go for anything else. The 35-day dry-aged British beef supplied by Ginger Pig, sweet brioche bun and thrice-cooked crisp chips covered in rosemary salt certainly did not disappoint. It was the most delicious, satisfying and moreish meal that I’ve eaten in a long time.


The venue itself is simple and the epitome of New York understated cool. The décor is all exposed brickwork and wood with an open kitchen, which dominates the space. The well-priced and delicious food, welcoming space and friendly service combined makes it a great package, and one that I’m sure will lead to yet more branches across the capital.


Honest Burger has officially pushed Franco Manca off the top spot for the Brixton Village gastronomy crown. I’ll be back for seconds soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment