Sunday 9 May 2010

T-Shirt and Tails Loves: Avon

Avon always reminds me of the film 'Edward Scissorhands' in which Dianne Wiest's character, Peg Boggs, Avon representative extraordinaire, advises Edward on how to hide his scars: The light concealing cream goes on first. Then you blend, and blend, and blend. Blending is the secret.

Since that film I haven't really thought of Avon much, thinking the brand to be for middle-aged women who love Dynasty style pink frosted lipstick. However, I was completely wrong. Friends of mine, who are both young, and more Alexa Chung than Alexis Carrington, have been raving about the range so I decided to try it out for myself and was pleasantly surprised.

Avon has turned into a stylish and exciting brand with products that are not only economical but also of a fantastic quality with great staying power. I was particularly impressed with their nail varnishes being chip resistant and available in lots of beautiful summer shades, and the super extend mascara which made my lashes look full and voluminous, and I even had a friend asked me when I started wearing fake eye lashes!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't used Avon in ages, must check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete