Friday 3 December 2010

Tom Ford's Debut Womenswear Collection

Tom Ford has launched his debut womenswear collection to much applause! My personal favourites are the leopard print shift and backless navy dress.

The images of the collection have been released this week, two months after the show, after banning all photography at the show. Tom Ford explained to US Vogue: "I do not understand everyone's need to see everything online the day after a show. I don't think it ultimately serves the customer, which is the whole point of my business-not to serve journalists or the fashion system. To put something out that's going to be in a store in six months, and to see it on a starlet, ranked in US magazine next week?”


Modelling the show were Ford’s A-List friends BeyoncĂ©, Lauren Hutton and Daphne Guinness. Ford remarked: ‘It’s about individuality. Real clothes, real women. For a fashionable woman aged 25 to 75. That’s why I literally put many of my own muses in the show. I hear them say, "God, I can’t find that anywhere!"


Ford stresses the importance of longevity in fashion: 'I don’t think fashion has to change every five minutes. I’d like these to be clothes you can wear for a long time—ten, 20 years; pass on to your daughter. Why buy vintage when you can open your own closet!'


What do you think of the collection?




No comments:

Post a Comment