Tuesday 6 November 2012

Hampstead Affordable Art Fair Review


















Last Thursday, I went to visit the
Hampstead Affordable Art Fair for their launch night. I always enjoy the Hampstead
AAF as it is much more manageable than its Battersea sister, closer to my
house, and allows me to discover up-and-coming artists.


















The fair is a great way to make purchasing
art accessible and affordable to all, and doesn’t require you to be an art
expert or a Russian oligarch to take part.  All art is priced between £40 and £4000, and this
year there has been a focus on including more compositions under £500. In my
opinion, it is a fantastic opportunity for people to start collecting.


















The collection was rather hit-and-miss
this year. My recommendation would be to include more up-and-coming talent from
recent art school graduates. This would serve two purposes: firstly, to add an
element of excitement to the AAF, and secondly to ensure that the artists were
stylistically worth investing in. The AAF has great potential but just isn’t there yet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment