Thursday 4 August 2011

Florence and the Machine Wears Gucci on US Tour

Florence and the Machine selected Gucci to dress her for her recent US tour. I've been meaning to write about this for a couple of weeks but have finally got round to it... Anyway, a huge round of applause is needed for head designer Frida Giannini for creating such beautiful dresses in Florence’s typical dreamy and ethereal style. Visually, the results were amazing: what a match made in fashion heaven!

Frida Giannini said of the collaboration:

"When Florence first came onto the scene, I was captivated by her eccentric style and her willingness to dare," says Giannini, "I felt there was such an authentic energy to her sound and her look. This was confirmed when I met her at the Grammys earlier this year. I used one of Florence's songs, 'Hurricane Drunk,' to set the mood for my Autumn Winter women's show, as she was truly an inspiration for this collection as a modern day icon with her cinematic allure and powerful presence."

Florence Welch responded:
"I was extremely flattered when I heard that Frida's collection had been inspired in part by my performances, and I was completely bowled over by her collection, the dresses seemed perfect for my shows, the colours, the shapes, the movement in the fabric. So it seemed natural that we work together on creating some pieces for my upcoming U.S. tour. I'm very grateful to Frida. It's been a wonderful experience, and I can't wait to get dressed for the stage!"

1 comment:

  1. Aaah love these dress, so elegant but rock chick at the same time

    www.southmoltonststyle.com

    ReplyDelete